I am glad I took on the role as producer for this project. Although at first I was hesitant about it, once researching and receiving some guidance from peers and tutors, I felt more comfortable tackling the role and would definitely do it again.
Looking back on our short film, I am pleased with how we worked as a team. As producer of the team, I was in contact with every member of the group as I was setting tasks and deadlines for them. I made sure to update the schedule on the drive and communicated this through the group chat. I made sure everyone was aware of when and where group meetings were by contacting them the day before and putting the room number of where it was. I also did this for the editing days. All paperwork needed for the day of the shoot was on the drive weeks before so my group members could review these and ask any questions they had. Our group chat allowed us to communicate effectively and promptly which all members took advantage of and used productively. By working in groups for this term and last, I have learnt the importance of being professional whilst working with others. It is important to not let personality clashes affect the way you present yourself and your work. It also highlights what type of people help excel your talents and motivate you to be the best you can.
After watching other groups work in the screening, one of the things we think could've been improved in our film is the credits. Even though our director wanted them to be simplistic, after watching the other groups films I feel we could've put more effort into creating more original and eye-catching titles. I will definitely keep this in mind whilst working on future projects.
No comments:
Post a Comment